Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Braves Fans Live Here!!




I will be the first to say that I am not the biggest Braves fan, but I have a family full of die hard fans. Charlie has always been a real die hard fan. At the end of each season he says he is not going to watch them next year. Then Spring training rolls around and all you hear in our house is it's spring training. Well it use to be not that bad because he was just sort of talking to himself, no one in pecticular, but not so true lately. It started a ways back before Jill and Aaron got married, Jill would talk Braves with her dad, she loved Chipper and Steve Avery ( remember him?). Well she got married and Beth moved into her shoes. At first it was slow go and with each year her fan fever grew, she can tell you things about the team and you look at her and wonder how does she know that? But she does and more often than not shes right. Amy started getting excited a little last year, but has really blossomed as a fan this year. She is so curious and has a thousand questions, and of course Charlie is eager to answer. It's safe to say in our house you don't have to be a boy to talk Baseball.

I just sit back in wonder on these Braves game night and smile as I watch my girls sit with their dad and watch the Braves together until one falls asleep, only to be awaken by a shout of joy or maybe frustration. They all will have their opinion on how a play should have gone, who their favorite player is and who should be sitting out or traded. And of course they all want to have the last word and think that they would make a better manager than Bobby Cox. But when it's all said and done the Braves either win or lose, all retire for the evening and plan to come together tomorrow for another game and time of family bonding.

All I can say is Go Braves. You are "my team" for how you have blessed my family.

2 comments:

Beth T said...

Mom- I love this post! It is so fun watching the games with daad and the rare opportunity to go to a game is even better! You have a great way with words. All I have to say is ...
Nate McClouth should be traded.
GO BRAVES!

Anonymous said...

Love this post. It's interesting to see what things bring different family bonding times and memories.

I remember Jill's Chipper Jones days :)

I love that Steve Avery too....